In Her Majesty's Name Gas Grenade Templates

| Thursday, 16 October 2014 | |
I played my first game using my new Totenkopf Battalion company last week. It was the first time that any of us had used grenades, and as they use gas grenades a lot I didn't know what to expect. As it turns out they proved extremely effective and laid waste to Jeff's Scotland Yard company.

As I tossed the grenades around I placed a D10 at the impact point with the number of turns it would stay in effect on to. At the beginning of each turn I went around and reduced the turns left by one. It worked out fine, but it didn't really capture the feel of a field covered with swirling clouds of toxic gas. Also rolling D10s on the table while all the gas making D10s were lying around became a little confusing.

So over the last couple of days I have devised a template for use with the gas grenades.


I laser cut the basic disc to the size of the gas cloud and  engraved 1 to 10 on it. I also cut a 10 toothed gear in the middle. Then I added a second disc with a loop to show how many turns the gas has left.


I decided to use yellow and green light gathering acrylic as it  represented the sickly glow of the poison gas rather well. Also, at Del's suggestion I made a couple of the templates with three legs so that they could be placed over other terrain items.

Each turn it is just a case of lifting out the top disc and rotating it to show how many turns the gas has left.

3 comments:

Diakon Says:
16 October 2014 at 08:37

Excellent idea. They look really good.

Ken Gross Says:
16 October 2014 at 10:14

Ingenious!

Paul oftheManCave Says:
18 October 2014 at 05:11

Very clever!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...